Baby Bliss are delighted to be working with local charity, Community First , in delivering ‘Embrace’.
The ethos of The Embrace Project is: “Embrace Parenthood – Embrace your Baby – Embrace your Community”
In our research, we found there was little provision for the parents of infants, within the immediate locale of Lennoxtown. The holistic gain for those who regularly attend massage & yoga classes with their babies are well documented, so we felt these classes would be a great addition to Community First. The Embrace Project offers FREE Baby Massage & Baby Yoga classes to parents living in Lennoxtown & surrounding East Dunbartonshire areas.
Whilst the project was designed with the parents of Lennoxtown in mind, applications from those living in other areas of East Dunbartonshire are welcome. As expected, we have found the classes to be extremely popular, with group one places being reserved within a few days of being publicised.
Benefits of Embrace –
* Embrace is a local, accessible, supportive forum for parents to meet others in their community.
* The skills learned & peer support received, promotes parenting confidence.
* Massage & Yoga promote bonding between parent & child.
* Embrace sessions provide the opportunity for quiet, relaxed, one-to-one time without outside distractions.
* Massage & Yoga promote general health & wellbeing in the baby.
* Massage & Yoga reduces stress levels in parent & baby.
* Massage & Yoga, alleviate the symptoms of post natal depression, colic & reflux & tones the digestive
system of the baby.
* The release of endorphins & oxytocin, during massage & yoga, promotes restful sleep in parent & baby.
* Give parents ideas for songs & activities to use at home.
The register for our next intake of the Embrace Project is now open, though it will not be finalised & applicants notified, until April 2015.
To learn more about Community First Lennoxtown, or to register your interest in joining The Embrace Project, please visit – www.communityfirstlennoxtown.co.uk